Attorney John Gunn
Mr. Gunn is the founder of The Gunn Firm and one of Georgia’s top lawyers.
He has been ranked by Thompson Reuters as one of Georgia’s “SuperLawyers” for five years in a row. Mr. Gunn was identified for his leadership in the family law legal community in Georgia Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite”. He has also been awarded AVVO’s “Client’s Choice” award for his work in the field of law (2013, 2014 and 2015).
Mr. Gunn teaches family law at Kennesaw State University and has served as the President of the Cobb Bar Association’s Family Law section, a member of the Board of Trustees of the Cobb County Bar Association and on the Board of the Cobb Justice Foundation. He has been recognized by the Superior Courts of Georgia as an court appointed expert through his work as a court appointed Guardian Ad Litem.
- President, Cobb County Bar Family Law Section, 2013
- Board of Trustees Cobb County Bar Association, 2013 – 2014
- Board Member, Cobb County Justice Foundation, 2014
- American Bar Association, Advisory Panel Member 2012 – 2014
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Honors and Awards
- SuperLawyers, Rising Star, 2016
- SuperLawyers, Rising Star, 2015
- SuperLawyers, Rising Star, 2014
- SuperLawyers, Rising Star, 2013
- SuperLawyers, Rising Star, 2012
- Georgia Trend,Georgia\’s Legal Elite, 2012
- Kennesaw State University Instructor, Family Law, 2014 – 2016
- Superior Court Trial Procedure, Cobb County ADR Seminar, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Hidden Assets – Locating and Recovering Assets During Divorce, National Association of Legal Professionals, 2013
- Litigating Child Support, Georgia Bar Association, 2012
- Trial Examination of Material Witnesses, Guest Speaker, Kennesaw State University, 2012
- Litigating Child Support, Georgia Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2012
- Recovering Hidden Assets and Fraudulent Transfers During Divorce, Legal Professionals Association, 2013
- Superior Courts of the State of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia:
- Juris Doctor
Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona:
- B.S., Bachelor of Science Major: Finance Minor: Speculative Securities
Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts:
- Certificate of Completion Major: Managing Professional Service Firms
Past Employment Positions
- Patton and Gunn, Partner, 2008-2009
- The Gunn Firm, P.C., Managing Partner, 2009 – Present
- Mr. Gunn was responsible for managing 120 employees and achieving a revenue target of $48 million as a Director for PeopleSoft\’s SouthEastern U.S. Professional Services Division during his prior career.
- Mr. Gunn is an award winning aerobatic pilot and has participated as a competitor and as a Aerobatic Judge for the International Aerobatics Club. Mr. Gunn is a Federally licensed Instructor Pilot.
Home Office and Mailing Address:
On The Historic Marietta Square
The Gunn Firm, P.C.
145 Church Street, Suite 295
Marietta, GA 30060
Please feel free to Email Mr. Gunn at: