Consumer Rights and Small Businesses Attorney
Attorney John T. Gunn
Mr. Gunn is the founder of The Gunn Firm and has been ranked by Thompson Reuters as one of Georgia’s “SuperLawyers”for several years in a row. Mr. Gunn was selected as one of Georgia Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite”. He has also repeatedly been awarded AVVO’s “Client’s Choice” award for his work in the field of law.
Mr. Gunn has served as the President of the Cobb Bar Association’s largest section, as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Cobb County Bar Association and on the Board of the Cobb Justice Foundation. He has been recognized by the Superior Courts of Georgia as an court appointed expert.
Mr. Gunn has coached and evaluated trial attorneys for more than a decade, assisting them in developing trial advocacy skills. He has co-authored a number of Georgia appellate briefs including one successfully argued before the Georgia Supreme Court.
- President, Cobb County Bar Family Law Section, 2013
- Board of Trustees Cobb County Bar Association, 2013 – 2014
- Board Member, Cobb County Justice Foundation, 2014
- American Bar Association, Advisory Panel Member 2012 – 2014
Honors and Awards
- Thomson Reuters, SuperLawyers
- Georgia Trend, Georgia’s Legal Elite
- Litigation and trial technique, Georgia Bar Association, 2012
- Trial Examination of Material Witnesses, Guest Speaker, Kennesaw State University, 2012
- Superior Court Trial Procedure, Cobb County ADR Seminar, 2010 – 2014
- Hidden Assets – Locating and Recovering Assets, National Association of Legal Professionals, 2013
- Instructor. Kennesaw State University Paralegal Program, 2014 – present
- Litigating Support, Georgia Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2012
- Recovering Hidden Assets and Fraudulent Transfers, Legal Professionals Association, 2013
- Superior Courts of the State of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia: Juris Doctor
Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona: B.S., Bachelor of Science Major: Finance, Minor: Speculative Securities
Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts: Certificate of Completion, Managing Professional Service Firms
- Mr. Gunn was responsible for managing 120 employees and achieving a revenue target of over $50 million as a Director for PeopleSoft’s Southeastern U.S. Professional Services Division.
- Mr. Gunn is an award winning aerobatic pilot and has participated both as a competitor and as an Aerobatic Judge for the International Aerobatics Club.
- Mr. Gunn is a Federally licensed, Airline Transport Rated, Gold Seal Instructor Pilot.
You can reach Mr. Gunn at The Gunn Firm: 404-969-4505